Friday 11 March 2016

Recent flare up...

Dear readers,

It has been a while since my last post. I have been healing for the past two weeks from my recent flare up. The dry skin and scaling that got a bit better prior to the flare up, all filled up again. And, this time it was worse than ever. I was in a lot of pain, as the dry skin was a lot harder and stiff. Day-to-day things like: sleeping, sitting, bending, stretching, turning, etc was all difficult...

I mentioned on my second post that my treatment would begin in March, but as of February 22nd my treatment has started. That's how bad my psoriasis got this time around...

Initially, I used dovobet which helped to soften up the really dry & hard skin. I am now using clobex spray (clobetasol propionate) for two weeks now and it is helping a lot. It has significantly healed the scaling and dry skin. I have also started methotrexate, so far thankfully I am coping well amidst all the medications =)

It was difficult to maintain patience & strength, but I didn't falter. This is my deepest wish for fellow psoriasisers that no matter how painful, dark, and miserable it gets, don't let anything take away your positivity, smile, and resilience...yes it is difficult at times but never stop trying and moving forward. And, I am saying this sincerely from personal experience. Oh & don't forget the bright side (yes there is one), which is, the more positive we try to be = lower stress level. And, less stress = improving psoriasis =)

Much love and much respect always!



No comments:

Post a Comment