Tuesday 23 August 2016

What's new?

The biggest and the warmest virtually possible hello to all! 💗

Why the "biggest and the warmest" hello, you might ask? I thought it'd be nice to send the most genuine greeting possible for posting just a little late :P  My awesome and amazing fellow psoriasisers as always I hope each and everyone of you are trying your sincere best to keep moving forward patiently & positively, just as I have been and I still am to this moment.


Just two weeks ago, I had my routine appointment with my dermatologist. If you are wondering how often I have my follow-ups: since April it has been every 2 months that I visit my dermatologist. Thankfully, there's more good news. On my previous post (i.e., "2 months update"), I shared that my mtx dose has been reduced to 4 pills/10mg from 6 pills/15mg. I can contently say that since my recent follow-up I can now take 3 pills or 7.5mg of mtx. Yes, my dosage has been reduced even more! =) My dermatologist also seems to be happy with my progress. As for my plaques and spots they are disappearing very well. As I have mentioned previously the spots now are extremely weak and fragile. There aren't any hard and stiff dry patches any more. My most aggressive/severest area was my belly and now it has cleared up extremely well, with just a few tiny spots present on both sides of my belly. Compared to the big chunks of my plaque psoriasis that I had before on most areas of my body, what I currently have are just really fine tiny spots on very few areas. Instead of patches/plaques that are simultaneously elevated, what I am seeing is discolouration of skin on areas of my body that was previously affected. The discolouration closely resembles burned skin marks. I have been told by my dermatologist to not worry about the discolouration, since it will heal on its own and it doesn't require any topical ointments. 


Overall, in terms of my psoriasis, after 6-7 weeks of starting mtx, my psoriasis has been under control and it has drastically improved. The biggest storm has ebbed away, but some cloudy days of dizziness, bad headaches, fatigue, and lethargy remain. In comparison to the severity of the storm these cloudy days don't seem that bad and feels much more bearable. My fellow psoriasisers, it is extremely important to understand that we all react differently to medications as well as treatment, and the effects that these have on us varies from one individual to another. 


I started off today's post with the biggest and warmest hello, and now I'd love to end this post with a much bigger and warmer thank you from my heart to each and everyone of my awesome and amazing fellow psoriasisers who continue to read my blog and hopefully find some benefit in it 😍



Much love, appreciation, and respect as always







No comments:

Post a Comment