Friday 4 November 2016

October dermatologist appointment update =)

Warm hello to all of my awesomely amazing fellow psoriasisers!!! 😍😊

As always, I hope all of you are moving forward and holding up and/or at least trying your sincere best to. 

October 13, I had my follow-up appointment and not much has changed from my August appointment that I shared with all of you on the "What's new?" post. I have been told by my dermatologist to manage my mtx doses according to my needs - how I feel, flare-ups, and my skin overall. Depending on all of those factors, I am told to take 3-5 pills or 7.5-12.5 mg of mtx and to not exceed 6 pills/15 mg which I was prescribed at the very beginning. Also, with mtx I still use dovobet gel. Thankfully, now I just apply the dovobet on some areas of my scalp, a little on the sides of my tummy, on my lower back , and my thighs. As I have previously mentioned, my plaques are nothing like how it was a year ago. And, thankfully it is no longer plaques, just small spots on the areas that I just mentioned. Along with managing both mtx and dovobet, there's the usual keeping up on blood work. Personally, due to my iron being a little low (nothing concerning), it's either monthly or every 6 weeks. My next appointment is on January 5th, and this time it is just a little over 2 months from my last follow-up. 

In terms of my psoriasis, I am recovering thankfully. As I just mentioned above the size is really small, more like tiny spots, and nothing compared to how it was before. The biggest relief is after I started taking mtx there aren't any new growth(s) at all. What I have left are pretty much tinier versions of the ones from before just on few areas of my body. And, I know with time these too would disappear. 

Fellow psoriasisers, I try my sincere best to follow the same advice that I share with all of you here...

It is difficult and challenging, I truly understand and do empathize. Some days are bearable and manageable - those are good days - and other days not so much. Those not so 'good days' are more frequent and on-going, but as I always say whatever the circumstances or situations we try our best to keep moving forward, and to not let anything falter our positivity as well as our strength. 

We all have it in ourselves to weather the worst of storms, we do indeed. It may be hard to believe, but it is true! 😍

Remember, you are all amazing and awesome!!! Best wishes and warmest regards 😊


Much love, appreciation, and respect always,
💖

No comments:

Post a Comment